- Posted: February 19, 2020
Livonia, MI, USA
To find out more visit OHM Advisors Job Posting
GIS Specialist- Livonia, MI
Come work for OHM Advisors, the community advancement firm.
With the singular mission of Advancing Communities, our diverse, 500+ member team works collaboratively across multiple service areas, including architecture, engineering, planning, surveying, and construction engineering, to create better places for people.
We are a team of experts with individual specialties working together, driven to make a difference through people-focused problem solving, design, and ideas. In everything we do, we put people first. We create places for communities of people that help solve a problem and drive them forward—advancing the whole community today and well into the future.
What You’ll Contribute to OHM Advisors
As a highly talented GIS Specialist, you will be faced with challenging GIS projects in the fields of Engineering, Planning, Architecture, and Water Resources. The individual must be able to demonstrate established knowledge in asset management, GIS analysis, cartography, and/or geospatial data management.
- With guidance from our OHM Asset Management expert, assist them in updating various GIS databases for asset management purposes.
- Become familiar and keep current with asset management concepts, principles, and practices.
- Assist in modifying or developing client Computer Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) systems.
- Georeference & digitize construction plans.
- Assist with field data collection using state-of-the-art GPS technology.
- Develop ArcGIS Desktop & Online maps.
- Attend project & professional development meetings.
As a trusted member of OHM Advisors’ GIS Group, you will join a growing, mission-driven team of innovative thinkers who collaborate daily, using our combined gifts and talents to advance the communities we serve continually.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or related field. A focus on GIS is preferred.
- 1-2 years of GIS experience is desired, but not required.
- Past Computer Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) experience is desired, but not required (ex. Lucity, Cityworks, Cartegraph).
- Familiarity with ESRI ArcGIS Software (Desktop, Pro, Online) is required.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is desired, but not required.
- Knowledge of SQL or Python is desired, but not required.
- Experience with GPS field data collection is desired, but not required.
- Experience in generating map products and an understanding of cartographic principles.
- Excellent communication and organization skills with a positive attitude and eagerness to learn.
- Team-oriented mindset with strong listening and collaboration skills.
- The ability to travel for fieldwork and meetings is required not to exceed 20-40% of the workweek.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Desire to learn new technologies & methodologies in the GIS field.
- Local applicants from the Michigan or Ohio area are preferred.
Growth at OHM Advisors
Advancement isn’t just for our clients. We’re committed to moving our team forward, too. At OHM Advisors, you’ll enjoy challenging, meaningful work at a growing company creating innovative solutions for forward-thinking clients. But there’s not just cool work on big projects. You’ll be empowered to create your own career path in a culture that supports your individual professional development goals and encourages your pursuits through continued opportunities for growth. Read about some of our opportunities for career growth and enrichment on our website.
OHM Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Bachelors or better in Geographic Techniques or related field.
1-2 years: GIS